Claire and Ava in Gruyeres, Switzerland

Claire and Ava in Gruyeres, Switzerland

October, 2011

October, 2011
Chess in Lausanne, Switzerland

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday, Nov. 29

The idea of leaving this beach paradise is rough, I must say. What a lovely place to relax.

An Indian wedding party rolled in yesterday; these folks know how to celebrate. They had a big shindig last night, a beach party today and a rocking party is in full force right now. The men all showed up at breakfast in loud Hawaiian shirts, and the Indian contingent was wave-hopping in saris this morning. Swimsuits, I've decided, are more convenient for ocean immersion.

Regarding flying tomorrow, I'm terribly thrilled. Post Mumbai, I'm sure it will be more of a zoo, plus security on the way here was wicked. While we didn't have to lose our shoes, we did have to shlep belongings onto a belt, same as in the USA, but these women become like those older ladies who were dying to have Mass w/ the pope when I was in college -- they used umbrellas as weapons to get to the front of the line.

I digress. Traversing security in the Delhi airport, the kids and I lined up patiently, only to find these Indian women shoving us aside, hurling their purses/carry ons onto the belt in front of our things and blatantly thrusting themselves to the front of the line. Astounded as I was, I stepped up to the plate when they tried to plow over the kids, told one woman NO rather rudely and held my ground. Good LORD; we all needed to get through the line!!!

On that note, I'll sign off -- hope all enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Jama Masjid, Old Delhi

Jama Masjid, Old Delhi
Largest mosque in India